As part of the Christian Church living in the spirit of the Gospel, we are committed to protect and care for everyone in the church community, and especially children, young people and adults at risk.
We are committed to :
- Promoting a safer environment and culture;
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the Church;
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation;
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons;
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons.
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk to others.
The Diocesan Safeguarding Team can be contacted on 01928 718834
If you are concerned that a person is at immediate risk of harm, please contact social services 0151 514 2222, local police on 101 or 999, for concerns about any kind of abuse call Wirral Integrated Front Door 0151 606 2008, or NSPCC helpline 0808800500 for concerns about a child.
The PCC has adopted the ‘Promoting a Safer Church’ policy of the Church of England
A copy of our full Safeguarding Policy can be downloaded here
Past Cases Review Procedure